Home Page Contact Us Regular Services

v14.

Location History Church Bells Links Church Music Mothers' Union Sweet Ps News Mission Action Plan Baptisms Whats On Weddings FWRC Genealogy

19.02.07

Organist:  Rodney Bellamy

Built by Messrs Harrison and Harrison of Durham and gifted to the church by Lt Col N Ffarington Eckersley of Trench Hall, the organ was installed in 1923.   Restoration and repairs took place in 1970, 1983 and 1986.   There is a significant amount of leatherwork and, over 90 years later, this was showing signs of deterioration.   In addition, much of the original timber had started to split which resulted in a loss of air and thus efficiency.  Therefore, further restoration took place between May 2015 and March 2016,

Click here to see the progress and here to see a summary of the work.

This page is being updated

 please come back later